I have traveled to Walt Disney World Resort & the Disneyland Resort lots of times. Here is a list of items that I find that I pack but rarely use.
1. Dressy Outfit for dinner: I have packed nice outfits that usually just stay in the suitcase or on a hanger. If I have reservations at a signature restaurant, I will pack a nice outfit but I will pack only one.
2. Batteries are cheaper at WDW than comparable ones at WalMart! You know how much I love to take photos. I used to take a pocket full of batteries, but nevermore! I really save on batteries, too, by turning off my camera between shots. Today’s electronic cameras turn on so fast that you’ll not miss a shot and you’ll save a ton on batteries!
3. Don’t pack a lot of extra clothes. Each Walt Disney World Resort hotel & Disneyland Resort hotel has nice laundry facilities. The ones at WDW are located near the pools. It makes it super easy to do a load or two of laundry while spending time at the pool. Laundry detergent is also available at the resorts.
4. Iron: Irons are located in each resort room whether you are staying at a Value, Moderate, Deluxe resort. I like Downey Wrinkle Releaser spray. You spray it on your clothes and stretch out the wrinkles.
5. Beach Towels: They are in containers at the pool. If you go during off peak time, you can always call housekeeping to bring you more.
Keep in mind that the more non essential items you bring, the less room you have for souvenirs