The holidays are in full swing at Walt Disney World Resort, with festive decorations, spirited shows, and holiday parades and parties to bah away any scrooge’s humbugs. Celebrations continue as the year draws to a close, ringing in 2013 with fireworks, dining, and dancing.
Per Disney Parks, here’s a snapshot of the revelry awaiting New Year’s Eve visitors:
- At Epcot, Guests can dance away 2012 to the beat of the DJs at select pavilions and watch IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth salute the new year at 7 p.m. and 11:42 p.m. Buffet dining inspired by Disney’s Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 will take place at World ShowPlace facility, with reservations available from 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Priced at $68.67 for adults and $44.37 for children. Park admission is required.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios, rock in the New Year with The Mulch, Sweat, and Shears New Year’s Eve Spectacular in front of the Sorcerer Hat icon. The four concert sets will feature pyrotechnics and special effects and will lead up to Mulch, Sweat, and Shears playing live accompaniment to a full scale fireworks spectacular to welcome the start of 2013!
- At DisneyQuest, located at Downtown Disney, there is a family-friendly cyber celebration from 8 p.m. -1 a.m. Guests are entertained with a DJ Dance Party, character meet and greets, plus unlimited access to games and DisneyQuest attractions including Pirates of the Caribbean, Virtual Jungle Cruise, and CyberSpace Mountain. There’s a confetti drop and festive party favors as the clock strikes midnight. Partygoers also get a coupon for a quick service entrée, side, and drink. Purchase tickets at 407-934-7639.
- At Cirque du Soleil, located at Downtown Disney, all Guests attending the December 31 performances will receive a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. Shows are at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. For pricing contact 407/WDW/SEAT.
- Registered Guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to music and entertainment. At Narcoosee’s restaurant (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa), for instance, there will be a four-course dining experience for $161.85 for adults and $77.19 for children, plus DJ, balloon artists, and special fireworks viewing.
- Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort offers a special-ticket New Year’s Eve party from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. with a video DJ and limited viewing of Epcot’s Fireworks.
What better way to start a new year than in Disney style? So let’s hope the Mayan calendar was wrong, lol, so we can celebrate New Year’s Eve with Mickey and his pals!
NOTE: This will be my last article for The Disney Moms. It’s been a fun ride! I wish you all a magical 2013 filled with Disney dreams come true and hope to see you around the blogosphere!
Jodi Whisenhunt is the author of MAGICAL MOUSE SCHOOLHOUSE: Learn While You Play at Walt Disney World Resort, and operates a blog by the same title. Her book is available for purchase at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and CreateSpace. (Kindle and Nook versions also available.) Come, think outside the textbook and stretch the walls of your home classroom with Walt Disney entertainment!