5+ Ways to Plan a Magical Disney Little Mermaid Trip
Do you have a Little Mermaid fan in your family? Plan a trip for your princess lover and include lots of fairy tale magic available throughout the Walt Disney World Resorts and Parks. From rooms designed for royalty, to specialty dining, to character interactions, you can treat your princess like a queen during your family vacation. If you have a fan of Ariel and the Little Mermaid movie in your family, here are five must do’s to include in your vacation planning.
BEFORE YOUR TRIP
1. Write to the princess and receive a postcard from Ariel and friends.
AT THE RESORT
2. Plunge into your vacation by staying in a Little Mermaid room at the Art of Animation, a Value+ resort. Featuring 2 double beds or 1 king bed, the Little Mermaid rooms accommodate families with up to four people.
3. Visit the Little Mermaid section of Art of Animation. Staying somewhere else during your Disney vacation? No problem, just pop by AOA to visit Ariel, King Triton, Flounder and more Little Mermaid friends featured as larger than life iconic figures in the courtyard and pool area. As you meander along the pathway of the courtyard reliving Ariel’s story, be sure to notice how the landscaping, shrubbery, and plant life scenery brings to life the ‘under the sea’ feel for this section of the resort.
Make a splash in the Flippin’ Fins Pool—or let your cares drift away as you lounge poolside. Based on the Disney animated classic The Little Mermaid, this 103,642-gallon pool features the “Under the Sea Orchestra” conducted by Sebastian and whimsical set pieces based on popular characters from the film.
AT THE PARKS
4. Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is a rite of passage for most princesses, for fans of Ariel though, The Pirates League, located exclusively in the Magic Kingdom, is the only place to truly become a mermaid. Advanced reservations recommended.
The Mermaid Package includes:
- Luminous mermaid makeup and makeup palette
- Mermaid hairstyle and color-changing hair clip
- Distinctive mermaid necklace
- Nail polish
- Mermaid sash
- Participation in a daily Adventureland Pirate Parade (weather permitting)
- (optional) The Mermaid Deluxe Package includes a mermaid dress/outfit.
5. Now it’s time for your little mermaid to meet The Little Mermaid! Nestled among her treasures, visit Ariel at Her Grotto. Ariel, in her fins, has a meet and greet in New Fantasyland. FastPass+ offered.
There are several more ways to immerse your mermaid fan into under the sea festivities. Visit iheartwdw.com for additional tips including:
- Must do Attractions & Rides
- Dining with Ariel
- Keeping the memories alive after your vacation
What other ideas do you have for Little Mermaid-lovers to do during a trip?
PirateMomPenny enjoys helping others plan their Disney vacations (click to find out how she can help your family) and writing about how her family enjoys their Disney vacations at Scouting-WDW.com, TheDisneyMoms.com and iHeartWDW.com.
Born and raised in the south, I now live in central New Jersey. My days are filled with homeschooling, reading, and ministry work. My son and I are active members of our local church and enjoy camping with the Boy Scouts of America.
We believe everyday is a day to celebrate and if you visit our kitchen, you will find us putting sprinkles on everything from pancakes to ice cream! Between baseball games and scouting trips, we enjoy dreaming about our next Disney vacation.