What could be better than a simple way to save and pay for your Disney Vacation? How about earning a bonus FREE $20 in Disney Gift Cards for every $1000 you save for you to use toward your Disney Vacation?! Now that I have your attention, let’s talk about what the Disney Vacation Account® is and how it works.
The Disney Vacation Account® is an online program operated by Walt Disney Travel Co., Inc. that lets you create a personalized budget and savings plan for Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, Disneyland® Resort in California, Disney Cruise Line®, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawai`i, or Adventures by Disney®. The program allows you to create a personalized budget and savings plan for many Disney vacation destinations
First, you’ll want to start by figuring out your budget. You will need to do a little research on your own to figure out your budget. The tools on the website only link you to the resort pages. So, I suggest going to the Disney World planning website to get a good idea on what your budget should be.
Once you have your budget set, you’ll be ready to set up your savings account. Just enter your dates of travel and the date you want to be finished. You’ll want to make sure this date aligns with your planning style. Many WDW activities allow for reservations to be made as far as 180 days before your vacation. After that, decide how often you will be able to contribute: weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly on a regular basis. Set this to a comfortable amount & remember, you can add one-time payments at any time to reach your goal faster. Once you enter all your dates and contribution information, the website will automatically calculate your payment amount. You can keep track of your contributions and watch your vacation account grow with the click of a mouse.
When you are ready to book your vacation, you can call (407) 939-7734, use the WDW online vacation planner, or book through a CERTIFIED Disney Travel Planner. The amount in your Disney Vacation Account® can only be used to directly pay for your tickets, resort room, and in some cases airfare. Up to $1000 in remaining funds can be requested as Disney gift cards or refunded to the source with which you made your contributions. You can also leave funds in the account to get your next vacation off to a good start.
*Please note that Adventures by Disney vacations must be booked by phone.
- As of 9/01/216, the Disney Vacation Account® website states: “You’ll be eligible for a $20 Disney Gift Card for every $1000 you spend on qualified vacation purchases with your Disney Vacation Account® prior to December 31, 2017 (date subject to extension), up to a total $500 in Disney Gift Card(s) per household. Your Disney Vacation Account® must be active for a minimum of 120 days at the time of spending in order to receive this bonus. Request your Disney Gift Card(s) 4-6 weeks in advance of your vacation date to allow time for delivery to your mailing address.”
- Disney Vacation Account® is FREE to set up and there are ZERO fees
- You can request a refund at any time with no penalties. There is a 3-4 day processing time
- Email alerts will notify you about account activity and 24/7 help is available through Disney Vacation Account® Guest Support
- First-time visitors may have trouble figuring out a “perfect” number for their budget
- At this time, you aren’t able to link the account to your Magic Bands (but you can get up to $1000 in Disney Gift Cards that CAN be linked to your account)
- There is no interest fee like a typical savings account would have
So, if you’ve read this article and thought “I want to start saving for MY MAGICAL Disney Vacation” – go check out the Disney Savings Account and start today!