The parks aren’t the only places for the kids to play. Many of the resorts have Kids Clubs and Community Halls that you may have trouble pulling your kids aways from.
These clubs can be found at many of the Deluxe resorts and are open to children 3 to 12. Typically they are open between 4 pm and 12 pm and the cost is $11.50 per hour per child with a 2 hour minimum. The clubs will keep your children entertained with movies and games while you get a little adult time. If they are there during dinner hours they will also receive a kid-friendly meal.
For advanced reservations, please call (407) WDW-DINE. Same day walk-ins are also welcome based on availability. You do not have to be a guest of the resort for your child to enjoy one of the kids clubs.
**There are 6 Children’s Activity Centers at Walt Disney World Resort hotels:
- Simbas Cubhouse at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, Simba’s Cubhouse is based on Disney’s The Lion King and is located on the first floor near the Uzima pool deck area.
- Never Land Club at Disney’s Polynesian Resort: Located near the Snack Isle and the bus stop across from the Great Ceremonial House, the Never Land Club is open daily from 4:00 p.m. to midnight.
- Cub’s Den at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge: Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, Cub’s Den is a wilderness-themed activity center located outside the main lobby near Wilderness Lodge Mercantile.
- Sandcastle Club at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Resort andThe Villas at Disney’s Beach Club Resort: Located near Atlantic Wear just off the main lobby of Disney Beach Club Resort, Sandcastle Club is a nautical-themed activity center open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- Mouseketeer Club at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa: Open daily from 4:30 p.m. to midnight, Mouseketeer Club is located near Gasparilla Grill & Games.
- Camp Dolphin at Walt Disney World Dolphin and Walt Disney World Swan Resort: Camp Dolphin is located near the health club in Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort and is open daily from 5:30 p.m. to midnight.
Community Halls are different from the Kids Clubs as they are open to kids of all ages (and even some fun loving adults). Every Disney Deluxe Villa Resort has a Community Hall that can be used by anyone staying there. Your room key opens the door and inside it is a wonderland of activities.
Each Community Hall is a bit different but activities include: ping-pong, foosball, video games, TV, karaoke, pool, coloring, puzzles, etc. On rainy days they organize activities for the kids. You can also pick up recreation equipment like basketballs and tennis racquets here to be used at the outdoor facilities. They even have DVDs available to rent (at no charge for Disney Vacation Club Members) at Community Hall.
Community Halls are staffed by Cast Member and children 12 and older do not need to have a parent present to use the club or rent movies. Children under 12 need either a parent or older sibling, cousin, etc. to attend with them. Hours of operation are 9 am to 10 pm daily.
So next time check out the resort. They have a lot more to offer than what meets the eye.
** Information courtesy of Walt Disney World