Thank you for an amazing 2016 Walt Disney World!
Hello 2017 – we are looking forward to so much!
There were many announcements, new attractions, changes and updates made at Walt Disney World Resorts and Parks in 2016. “You can never do it all” is one of the reasons my family continues to return to Disney World for our family vacations. We enjoy the challenge of searching out the hidden magic, as well as exploring all of the new things Disney has unveiled since our last visit.
- In 2016, Disney fans were delighted to follow along as new details were announced for the two lands coming to Hollywood Studios: Star Wars and Toy Story Land
- In the meantime, even though Hollywood Studios had several more attraction closings, exciting new attractions were introduced to help bridge the wait: Star Wars Launch Bay with Meet & Greets, shows, exhibits and more, Stars Wars Galactic Spectacular, Rogue One additions, PizzeRizzo, and the holiday show Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam! just to name a few.
- Dining venues were announced around Disney World – at the parks, in the resorts and especially in the new Disney Springs areas.
- Night time shows were a plenty…there was a Holiday Drone Show at Disney Springs, Animal Kingdom park introduced the Tree of Life awakenings and Harambe Wildlife Parti, and the Magic Kingdom introduced a new castle projection show ‘Once Upon a Time‘.
Coming soon in 2017:
- All New Epcot International Festival of the Arts
- Pandora – The World of Avatar is scheduled to open
- and outside of the parks, Disney Cruise Line announced the first Marvel Day at Sea Sailings out of NYC
Disney has already announced a few room and package discounts for stays in 2017. Availability is limited so be sure to check with your travel agent today and book your 2017 vacation!
- Soak up the Sun discount offered for most stays Feb 20 – June 10, 2017
- Summer Quick Service meal offer, select stays May – August, 2017
- Disney Cruise Line is also reducing initial deposits for most 2017 sailings
For more information on these discounts or to receive a quote on a 2017 package, complete this form:
PirateMomPenny enjoys helping others plan their Disney vacations (click to find out how she can help your family) and writing about how her family enjoys their Disney vacations at ScoutingWDW.com and TheDisneyMoms.com
Born and raised in the south, I now live in central New Jersey. My days are filled with homeschooling, reading, and ministry work. My son and I are active members of our local church and enjoy camping with the Boy Scouts of America.
We believe everyday is a day to celebrate and if you visit our kitchen, you will find us putting sprinkles on everything from pancakes to ice cream! Between baseball games and scouting trips, we enjoy dreaming about our next Disney vacation.