Walt Disney World in 2019
Of course, 2019 brings the promised land of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge, but there’s so much more in store! Beginning in January, anticipate new dance parties, new character meet and greets, and new entertainment …
Love Mickey and Minnie Mouse? Want to get wild with “The Lion King”? Feel like playing with your Pixar pals? Or maybe you’d like to see a concert every night? All this and more will be waiting for your family next year. Here’s a glance at new and limited-time experiences to look forward to in 2019 at Walt Disney World!
Now, more than ever, it’s time to start planning your family’s 2019 Walt Disney World® vacation. Because there will be more to see, do, taste and experience here next year than ever before. Whatever your passion for Disney, there’s a big dose of pixie dust waiting for your family at all four parks.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration will bring new music, dancing and all sorts of other fun to Magic Kingdom® Park.
- Dance with Mickey, Minnie and their pals in front of Cinderella Castle during the new “Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party” at Magic Kingdom® Park, featuring live singers belting out new arrangements of classic “Mickey Mouse Club” songs.
- The Dapper Dans and other entertainers on Main Street, U.S.A. at Magic Kingdom will sing songs in honor of Mickey.
- Look for special Mickey- and Minnie-themed merchandise and food at Magic Kingdom to make this party complete.
Disney promises during this Surprise Celebration families can expect more Limited-Time Magic entertainment and other experiences to pop up periodically around Magic Kingdom.
- Pixar Avenue will transform into a Metroville city block and welcome The Incredibles to Disney’s Hollywood Studios®! Mr. Incredible, Mrs. Incredible and Frozone are throwing a party to celebrate.
- Meet the one and only Edna Mode – the greatest super suit designer! She will set up a special location on Pixar Avenue showcasing some of her best creations (no capes!).
- Show your #IncredibleSide along Pixar Avenue by striking a heroic pose in front of three-dimensional scenes straight out of Pixar Animation Studios’ Incredibles
- Also on Pixar Avenue, look for clues to the whereabouts of the youngest Incredible, the mischievous and multi-powered Jack-Jack.
- Elsewhere at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, a door to the monster world will open inside Walt Disney Presents, where you’ll have a chance to meet Mike and Sulley from Pixar’s Monsters Inc.
- Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy rolls into Disney’s Hollywood Studios in spring 2019. Ka-Chow! In this new show experience, you’ll come face to face with Lightning and learn from his years of experience on the track.
Also at the Racing Academy, you’ll get to meet Cruz Ramirez, Lightning McQueen’s speedy pal.
- Celebrate the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney Pictures’ “The Lion King” at Disney’s Animal Kingdom® along with Timon and Rafiki in the “Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party” on Discovery Island. Let your inner animal roam free on the dance floor in this raucous party!
- Also at Disney’s Animal Kingdom, have fun posing in front of special three-dimensional photo opportunities re-creating scenes from the animated classic.
- The Epcot International Festival of the Arts is back! This year’s special event takes place Jan. 18 – Feb. 25, allowing you to indulge in world-class culinary and visual arts.
- The Disney on Broadway concert series is expanding to seven days a week during the Festival of the Arts, so you’ll have even more opportunities to experience some Disney musical magic live on stage.
- Welcome spring’s arrival with the Epcot® International Flower & Garden Festival, returning March 6 – June 3 with its wide selection of delectable bites at outdoor kitchens and dozens of Disney-themed topiaries blooming around the park.
- Even better, this year’s Garden Rocks concert series expands, as well, to seven days a week during the Flower & Garden Festival, which means a total of 270 concerts over the course of the 90-day event.
- Wish a fond farewell to IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth – the nighttime spectacular at Epcot – before its conclusion scheduled for the end of summer 2019.
Now, more than ever, you’ll want to be here for it all, so don’t wait to book your vacation! To learn more visit EmbraceTheMagicTravel.com or request a quote:
Penny enjoys helping others plan their Disney vacations (click to find out how she can help your family) and writing about how her family enjoys their Disney vacations at ScoutingWDW.com, TheDisneyMoms.com, and EmbraceTheMagicTravel.com.
Born and raised in the south, I now live in central New Jersey. My days are filled with homeschooling, reading, and ministry work. My son and I are active members of our local church and enjoy camping with the Boy Scouts of America.
We believe every day is a day to celebrate and if you visit our kitchen, you will find us putting sprinkles on everything from pancakes to ice cream! Between baseball games and scouting trips, we enjoy dreaming about our next Disney vacation.